Might As Well Jump



I got back in the air today.

It was scary. Really scary. Like fear-to-the-bones kind of scary.

But I needed to do it in memory of my friend. I needed to do it for my boyfriend in the hospital. And most of all, I needed to do it for myself.

And then it was good. Really good. Like champagne-bubbles-in-my-soul kind of good.

Afterward, it was like I could finally breathe again. I was happy. I was fixed. I think I smiled for the first time all week.

My jumps also reinforced what I've been trying articulate all week. What good is living unless you feel alive?

Today I felt alive.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Joe Wessels, at 10:22 AM  

I think that's a funny photo. Wonder what Newsweek would think now?    



By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 PM  

That's an AWESOME photo!    



By Blogger Maggie, at 2:52 PM  

My braids crack me up.    



» Post a Comment