To Market, To Market


peppers
Originally uploaded by Maggiejumps.

I've got the morning news headline addiction. In hotels, I do that weird thing where I count how many doors there are to the fire escape, in case the hallway gets filled with smoke during a blaze. And I bring my coffee to work in a Thermos, the tall kind with a mug on top.

It's obvious. I've turned into my father.

This morning proved it. I woke up before 6 a.m., mostly to hit the farmer's market before everyone else walked away with the quality produce. Plus, we're getting into melon season, and I wanted a few good cantelope.

Let's pause here to reflect on just how crazy that is for me.

There used to be days that I wouldn't crawl home until 6 a.m. And cantelope, schmantelope. All I needed were some greasy fries and a handful of Advil.

Now I'm waking up before 6 a.m., and I'm all "Woo, fruit."

I've inherited my dad's produce insanity.

However, my dad never went skydiving after his treks to the farmer's market -- and that's exactly what I'm leaving to do right now.

Blue skies, friends. Have a great weekend.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Joe Wessels, at 2:42 PM  

Those are some nice peppers you got there, ma'am.    



By Blogger Lissa, at 4:21 PM  

Oh how pretty! They'd be super in my salsa...

and turning in to your father really isn't that bad. I'm turning in to my mother and I think that's much worse.    



By Blogger Lissa, at 4:22 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    



» Post a Comment