Good Things

  • The wheelchair fits into the Honda Civic. Oh, it takes some grunting and cursing ... but it gets in there.
  • The dropzone hosted a welcome-back cookout for Jason Saturday night, and we spent the evening with more friends than we ever realized we had.
  • Hugs are almost better when one person is in a wheelchair. It gives better leverage for squeezing, somehow.
  • I treated myself to a new pair of flip-flops. Not only were they on super-clearance, but they make me happy every time I look at the ground.
  • I don't look at the ground so much anymore. Everything is really starting to look up.
  • My birthday is Friday. And it's my magical one, too, because I turn 29 on the 29th.
  • My friends are going to share in my special day, a celebration I like to call "Maggie Gras." We're going to have cake and champagne until we pop.
  • The most wonderful things have emerged out of the very dark place I experienced recently. Now I realize I don't need any other gifts. Next year, however ...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Lissa, at 6:36 PM  

I'm glad to see things are getting better for both of you. Jason is lucky to have so many great friends and even luckier to have YOU! ;)

Happy birthday Ms. Downs! Hope its a good one!    



» Post a Comment