Let him eat cake

I'm making a "Lost"-themed cake for Jason's birthday.

It's his favorite show, and I'v never seen it before, so this should be interesting.

The only thing is that I'm a total noob when it comes to cake-decorating skillz. I don't know how to make a tiny Hurley or a polar bear or a smoke monster or even palm trees. I've been wandering the baking and candy aisles of all the local grocery stores, looking for inspiration and finding nothing.

Any ideas?

Oh, and it all has to be vegan.

I'm thinking that I should sculpt the characters out of clay and just stick 'em on the cake, because I don't know enough about marzipan to work with it. As for the island, I guess I'll just use green and brown icing. And if I make a really fluffy frosting, I might be able to make ocean waves.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment