Holiday jeer

I was all in the holiday spirit last night, making some gifts, putting some ornaments on the tree, decking the halls, fa la la la and all that. And I roasted chestnuts, prompting The Boyfriend to croon, "Chestnuuuuts roasting in a dirty oven ..."

I pulled the chestnuts out of the oven and set them down to cool. Then I leaned over the baking sheet and inhaled deeply the musky scent of fresh-roasted nuts.

BANG!
"OW!"
"What happened?" The Boyfriend ran into the room.
"My eye! My eye!" I clutched my face, my eye red and swollen.
"Holy Red Ryder BB Gun! What did you do?"
"The nut exploded in my eye!"
"Huh?"
"The chestnut. It exploded and the nut shrapnel hit my eye!"
"Hee hee."

Later, I cleaned chestnut off the ceiling, chestnut off the floor, chestnut off every damn surface in the kitchen, the whole time muttering, "Well, f#$& you too, Christmas."
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Lissa, at 5:30 PM  

I had no idea chestnuts exploded..    



By Blogger Joe Wessels, at 6:39 PM  

Your nuts exploded.    



» Post a Comment