Word Factory

It's NaNoWriMo time again!

And you know what that means.

It means I'll be trying to juggle a career, a household, two new TV shows and a personal life -- all while writing a 50,000-word novel in a month.

This year I'm much more prepared than in previous NaNoWriMos. I've started making an outline. I've created iTunes playlists of writing music. I even have some friends who will be doing it with me, and we're going to try to be each other's support system.

Besides, it's November. This writing thing is a great antidote to all the parties and festivities of October. I need to turn inward for a while; take a step back.

So I'll be making lots of chili and tea, lighting candles and curling up with my new laptop. Just me and my brand-new, shitty novel-in-progress.

Anyone else writing this month? What are you working on?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Bill, at 12:03 AM  

I'm writing about my teenage years. how 'bout you?    



By Blogger Maggie, at 9:30 AM  

I'm going to be writing a fictionalized account of people I've dated. One guy per chapter, one chapter per day.

I'm hoping that some good writing will emerge from one of the chapters, and I can expand on that after NaNoWriMo.    



By Blogger Bill, at 11:49 PM  

WOW, 31 people, oops, I mean chapters, that's probably some kind of record, I can't wait to read some excerpts.    



By Blogger Bill, at 11:49 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.    



By Blogger Maggie, at 7:30 PM  

Hee hee. It's not as bad as it sounds. They're not all people I had long relationships with -- or even one night stands, for that matter.

Some were just dates that went horribly awry.

What aspect of your teenage years are you writing about?    



» Post a Comment