Reel Life

This weekend is all about the Palm Springs International Festival of Short Films, which is one of my favorite events of the whole year.

Short Fest means I'll be watching lots and lots of movies ... about three minutes at a time. (Actually, they smoosh them together in programs of about 80 minutes each. But it makes me laugh to think of filing into a theater for a few minutes, then walking back out and doing it all over again.)

There are also a lot of post-film parties during which giddy young filmmakers get drunk and schmooze and flirt. It's really a lot of fun.

Like this morning, for instance. I was at my desk and received a 10 a.m. phone call from a bunch of directors who were hanging out by the pool at the Viceroy. "We were just wondering if we could buy you a couple drinks," said the guy on the phone. I couldn't go, but hey -- it's nice to have the offer.

In between movie programs, I'm also getting together with my friends to make gazpacho and chiles rellenos while indulging in some totally girlie TV. And possibly some homemade sangria. (We were originally thinking bloody marys, but that would be tomato overkill with the gazpacho, no?)

And, after my whirlwind trip back home, I need to actually relax -- so I'm also hoping for a little alone time. I'll probably hit the trails in the mountains and hike until everything makes sense again.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment