Just Another Crazy Friday

Last night I was restless.

I had the Friday night itch -- the need to get drunk, the urge to go out and commit senseless acts of debauchery, the overwhelming drive to dance on tables.

Unfortunately, being an adult spoiled all my fun.

Oh, I went out all right. I had two very respectable drinks -- one a speciality martini for my Drink of the Week column, the other a Mexican beer. And then I went home.

It wasn't that I didn't have fun people to hang around with. My boyfriend was there, as was a Midwestern buddy.

And it wasn't like we didn't have the opportunity. We went to two very cool insider bars. They're the kind of places only locals know about; seedy little drinking holes, where writhing on the pool table with the 8-ball in my pants wouldn't have even caused a second glance.

But I had to be responsible. Since Jason was also indulging in a couple drinks, I didn't want to get too wasted to drive. And with the brand-new vehicle, I didn't want to get into that whole business where I take a cab home and leave my car at the bar.

I'm also poor right now, and I didn't want to spend a fortune on liquid.

Also, Jason started his new job today -- at 7 a.m.

Put all of that together, and you end up in bed and asleep by midnight on a Friday.

Perhaps we're just being retro. We're bringing back the Victorian era. Next I'll stop showing ankles and saying "leg" in mixed company.

Or maybe we're just getting old.

At least there's always SATURDAY NIGHT!

Stay tuned for stories of tonight's depravity ...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment