Cactus Christmas


I decorated this condo this evening in the cheapest, most ghetto way possible.

No lights to run up the energy bill. No inflatable Santa on the roof. No blinking, moving, plastic reindeer in the yard.

Just some gold garland, strung haphazardly around carport, and a zillion plain ornaments, hung from the cacti -- all courtesy of Big Lots.

I'm sure my neighbors hate it. I mean, this is a neighborhood where people frown upon garbage at the curb -- even on garbage day. I've already received a citation for having a short mailbox, for Christ's sake. These dollar store decorations are sure to decrease the value of all the expensive homes in a two-mile radius.

Still, I like the effect. It's quaint, kind of like that shoddy ol' Charlie Brown tree. And it's putting me in the mood for Christmas, even when every day is sunny and 75 degrees.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment