Sunshine On My Shoulders


It's been a rough year. For most of it, I felt like this little storm cloud was hovering over my head, raining on me at every chance.

But every once in a while, the cloud would blow away. Skies would clear. The air would calm.

Most recently, that happened Saturday.

It seemed like the day wouldn't be very special. I spent the bulk of it alone and didn't have anything exciting planned.

But I awoke to a sunrise so beautiful, I couldn't go back to sleep. I took a long, rambling bike ride through my neighborhood, which is lined by rocky canyons. Afterward, I swam laps in the pool, a sweeping sky overhead and hummingbirds buzzing through the trees. Later I sipped coffee in the hot tub, where I could see snow on the mountains around me.

At sunset, I took a walk and saw the last of the sunlight streak through the clouds and disappear. I felt clear and whole. I could breathe easy.

It was a rough year. But at least I had this sky, these colors, this respite.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment