10 Things

Ten Wonderful Things About Today:

1. WHEE! Last day of work before vacation!!!

2. Lunch with a millionaire. Now, I am not a millionaire.) In fact, because I wrote a check to the federal government today for my taxes, I'm farther away from being a millionaire than usual.) But at least I can eat like one.

3. Weather. It's 90 degrees and sunny. And it has been all week.

4. Inspiration. I received a gorgeous zine in the mail from the always fabulous Jen Lemen. She motivates me to create my own art.

5. Song of the open road. I'm about to embark on a road trip along the Pacific Coast Highway, considered to be the most beautiful drive anywhere in the country. And I have 4G in memory cards for my camera.

6. Fun. It's White Party weekend! And that means gay boys, techno and fun all over Palm Springs. Right now everyone in town has better abs than I do.

7. Anticipation. I made a big stack of photo/collage cards and mailed them today to many of the people I love. I can't wait for them to receive them.

8. Little gifts. Yesterday I spent an hour or so wandering the bookstore, looking for the perfect novel to bring along on the road trip. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, and I left empty-handed. Then last night, as I was pulling luggage from the closet, I found this anthology of nonrequired reading. I had totally forgotten about it, and it's the PERFECT thing to drag from car to campsite to city hotel!

9. Kindness. This morning, Jason carefully placed my robe in the bathroom, so it would be ready as soon as I got out of the shower. Then he helped me make breakfast and coffee. It's those little things I love most of all.

10. Friends. Laura gave me a Starbucks card and tiny bottles of Bailey's. Kathy gave me a book she wrote about driving the Pacific coast. Jeff and Chris offered to catsit and bring in the mail. Life coach Leslie gave me warm words to travel with. Other friends have gifted me with the most beautiful emails before my departure.

I feel rich.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment