With this ring ...

What's that?

I'm sorry ... I can't hear you over the "Bling! Bling!" of my hand.

Engagement ring

Jason gave me an engagement ring yesterday, and it's wildly gorgeous.

The photos really don't do justice to the ring. It's so much more sparkly and shimmery in reality, and it's absolutely perfect for my hand.

Also it looks a little pee-colored here, but in real life it's the lightest of yellows. It matches a glass of champagne EXACTLY, and I am all about accessories that coordinate with my alcohol.

The perfect ring

I love this ring. I love what it means to us.

I didn't think I would ever be one of those girls to get all weepy over something as traditional as a ring. And as a feminist, I always balked a little at the icky implication of ownership that came along with a ring on the finger.

But now that it's on my hand, I can't help but be moved by my ring. It's one of those things that is so perfect and beautiful, it makes me tear up to look at it.

Yes, it's traditional, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's anti-woman. It's less about possession and more of a symbol for an equal partnership, a promise of an eternal union.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Lissa, at 3:35 PM  

Congratulations!! I wish you nothing but happiness.    



By Blogger Brian Griffin, at 4:43 PM  

Big Congrats Maggie!    



By Blogger AE, at 11:22 AM  

Coming out of lurk mode to say best wishes and congratulations! What a beautiful ring. I've enjoyed your dispatches from your corner of SoCal...    



By Blogger Melvinator, at 2:27 PM  

Nice! No woman is immune to the power of the ROCK! Congratulations Maggie! Share my joy for you guys with Jason.    



» Post a Comment