Dulli downer

A big part of why I moved to Cincinnati three years ago was the music. Bootsy Collins lives there. Peter Frampton too. The fantastic WOXY was on the air. There's a rich history there with King Records. And, of course, it's the city that spawned the Afghan Whigs and my rock god, Greg Dulli.

What a rockin' town.

During my time in Cincinnati, I saw Greg Dulli at a couple shows with the Twilight Singers. They were fantastic shows at a cool venue. But it certainly wasn't the intense Afghan Whig experience I anticipated when I moved to town.

So I'm really bummed to have missed this year's Midpoint Music Festival, during which it was all Dulli, all the time. He was the keynote speaker for the festival. He also did a few songs with the Staggering Statistics (great band) at Neon's (great bar). And he was just all there in Cincinnati -- and I wasn't.

I can't believe I missed so much fantastic live music AND Greg Dulli. And now I'm stuck in this place that doesn't seem to understand the concept of quality local music. Every performer I've seen here is a Yanni wannabe, which is precisely the opposite of what I want to hear.

Boo. Why couldn't I have moved just a few weeks later?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 PM  

It was a great festival. GitoGito Huslter was the hightlight.

I hate to say it, but... you could just have stayed here, and then you would be able to see great live music every week. :) Alas, you couldn't :(

I am sure you will find some place with good bands out there.

Make sure you reseve next years MidPoint Weekend as a vacation!    



By Blogger Joe Wessels, at 7:59 PM  

Yeah, you moving to Palm Springs is a load of shit (and I packed and unpacked most of it)...    



» Post a Comment